Restructuring of family-owned group
A family-owned business may be defined as any business in which two or more family members are involved and the majority of ownership or control lies within a family. Family-owned businesses may be the oldest form of business organization.
Today family owned businesses are recognized as important and dynamic participants in the world economy.
Reasons for restructuring or reorganisation
- Death of a key family member;
- Absence of a robust and sensible governance;
- Loss of focus;
- Passing on the business to the next generation;
- Facing financial troubles or bankruptcy;
- Aiming for tax optimisation and efficiency;
- Minimising tax implications for the business, owners and other stakeholders.
- Taking control over and managing the decisions you make to minimise the risk of unintended loss of tax attributes, such as net operating losses and tax basis, and unfavourable tax positions;
Restructuring family businesses in distress often requires from an independent advisor to address succession, transition and governance issues in an emotion-charged environment where owners have everything to lose.
Family-owned businesses are sometimes slow to seek advice, often for fear of the cost, so we strongly recommend you to identify your problems at the beginning and get involved with professional advisors. It will save you money and stress.
What we offer
- Understanding the dynamics of family-owned enterprises;
- Analysing troubles and issues your business is facing;
- Identifying reasons and goals for restructuring;
- Working out a plan that will save your business or increase profit;
- Providing advice on how best to put the restructuring plan in place.
To discuss your requirements, please contact our specialists or call us on +44 (0)203 490 41 21.