In addition to many other well-known or newly established Citizenship by Investment programmes, another European country is due to launch its own investment programme.
Montenegro has confirmed they will start accepting CIP applications from October 2018. Non-EU foreign investors will have an opportunity to get a Montenegrin passport in exchange for their investment in the local economy.
Benefits for investors
- Visa-free travel to 125 countries.
- Plans have been already being implemented to join the EU.
- Growing property market.
- Booming tourism sector.
- Place of irresistible and breath-taking natural beauty.
To become eligible for citizenship, investors will have to make two investments:
- Non-refundable one-off contribution of €100,000 to the national fund that would invest in Montenegro’s undeveloped areas.
- Investment of at least €250,000 or €450,000 in a government-approved real estate project in an undeveloped or developed area of the country correspondingly.
Other fees and charges will apply, to be confirmed later.
The Government has already announced that they plan to cap the number of applicants in the first three years to 2,000.