Sustainable growth fund programme
The St. Kitts and Nevis Government offers citizenship to affluent foreign investors and their families in exchange for their donation to the Sustainable Growth Fund that was set up in March 2018 and replaced the Hurricane Relief Fund as of 31 March 2018 within the Citizenship by Investment programme. The CIU started accepting SGF applications from 01st April 2018.
For the benefit of everyone
The SGF Fund shall be used to support economic growth and development of economic sectors, including tourism, healthcare and agriculture, to fund the construction of schools and education infrastructure, to build ports of entry, to preserve and protect cultural and historic heritage, to prepare for hurricane threats, emergencies, for disaster planning, etc.
The working of the Fund is regulated by the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship by Investment (Amendment) (No.2) Regulations dated 29th March 2018. It will be managed by a Board appointed by the Prime Minister.
Pursuant to the Regulations mentioned above, within 3 months of the submission of an application for Citizenship by Investment, the Unit shall notify the authorised person (agent) on behalf of the main applicant whether the application has been approved in principle, denied or delayed for cause and still being processed.
Not later than 90 days after the date of a notification of approval in principle, the main applicant shall deposit the non-refundable full contribution into the Fund’s account and show that it has been transferred.
Contribution and fees
Applicants may qualify for citizenship through a one-off non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund.
|Spouse||+$25,000||$4,000 for each dependant over 16|
|Each dependant irrespective of age||+$10,000|
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants over 16 must pass Due Diligence process.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- Main applicant must provide references from the bank.
Eligibility of Dependents
- Unmarried dependent children who are older than 18 but younger than 30, if they are full-time students and financially reliant on the main applicant.
- Dependent parents or grandparents aged 55 or above living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
Accelerated Application Process
You can use 60 day Accelerated Application Process (AAP) option, subject to $25,000 per main applicant and $20,000 per dependent over 16; it includes passport application and processing. Additional $500 is charged for each dependent under 16 for passport application and processing. Some applications are processed within 45 days under AAP. Government fees and other charges are not included in the above.
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a St. Kitts and Nevis passport through making a contribution in the fund and we sit down with you to talk about your situation, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- Submission of application to the CBI Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government.
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You make a contribution and provide a confirmation of the transfer of funds.
- You are issued with the registration certificate.
- We apply for passport.
- Passport is issued.