St Kitts & Nevis citizenship by investment
The longest running Citizenship by Investment Program in the world.
St. Kitts and Nevis, short for the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, is an independent state in the West Indies formed of two mountainous islands of volcanic origin. It is currently a popular tourist destination in the Caribbean with its tropical climate, lush beaches, easy transport links and various activities.
Apart from a booming tourism sector, and as part of its diversification strategy, St. Kitts and Nevis is now developing other sectors after being a monocultural economy for more than 300 years. The Government is also implementing a monetary plan to achieve higher financial growth.
Benefits of investing in St Kitts & Nevis
It is a fast-growing economy offering foreign investors a wide range of benefits in exchange for their investment in the country.
- Passport in 1.5 months
- Citizenship for the whole family for life
- Full confidentiality
- No need to live in or visit the country
- Visa-free access to 133 countries
- Qualified English-speaking workforce
- No personal income tax
- Limited taxation: no wealth, inheritance, gift, foreign income or capital gains tax
- Guaranteed repatriation of profits
- Concessions on import duties
- Low property tax rates
- Growing tourism sector
St Kitts & Nevis citizenship
To attract foreign investments and boost economic growth and development, the government launched its Citizenship by Investment Program. They offer second passport to high net worth investors in exchange for their economic contributions into governmental funds or investment in real estate.
Funds received through the citizenship program are used to support economic growth and development of economic sectors, including tourism, healthcare and agriculture, to fund the construction of schools and education infrastructure, to build ports of entry, to preserve and protect cultural and historic heritage, to prepare for hurricane threats, emergencies, for disaster planning, etc.
Eligibility and requirements
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants over 16 must pass Due Diligence checks.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Clean criminal and immigration record.
- Spouse and children under 18.
- Unmarried dependent children between 18 and 30 years of age, if they are full-time students and financially reliant on the main applicant.
- Dependent parents or grandparents aged 55 or above living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
One of the following investments shall be required as a minimum to qualify for citizenship under the Program.
1. Contribution to Sustainable Growth Fund
A one-off non-refundable contribution must be made in the following amount:
|Spouse||+$25,000||$4,000 for each dependant over 16|
|Each dependant irrespective of age||+$10,000|
2. Investment in real estate
Buying a pre-approved property on St. Kitts and Nevis is another option under the Citizenship by Investment program. Properties favoured by investors are villas, apartments or shares in the hotels.
To qualify for citizenship under the real estate option, the Government requires a minimum of $200,000 or $400,000 investment plus payment of applicable taxes, various registration and other fees. The real estate can only be sold, and funds recovered, after 7 or 5 years of getting citizenship correspondingly.
|Required Investment||Due Diligence||Government Fees|
$0 (under 16)
+$4,000 (over 16)
irrespective of age
3. Contribution to Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation
The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) came into existence after the Government shut down the loss-making sugar industry and embarked on a path to economic diversification and development by supporting, funding and undertaking the development of new and existing industries, projects or enterprises.
Investors may qualify for citizenship through a one-off non-refundable contribution to the Foundation, subject to stringent due diligence checks.
|Contribution||Due Diligence + Processing fees|
|Up to 3 dependants (e.g. spouse+2 children)||+$50,000||$4,000 for each dependant over 16|
|Each additional dependant irrespective of age||+$25,000|
Your 6 steps to St Kitts and Nevis passport
Standard application process takes 3 to 4 months before obtaining a passport. You can also get a second passport in 1.5 to 2 months through an Accelerated Application Process.
- Book an appointment with one of our specialists.
- We will prepare and submit all forms and documents.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government.
- Approval of the application in principle.
- Making an investment.
- Obtaining passport.
Imperial & Legal is a partner you can rely on. We make sure you get second citizenship within the shortest time and at a minimum cost. We guarantee quality, reliability, professionalism and full confidentiality.
We have a team working in London and in St Kitts & Nevis, and we see to it that all your documents are duly prepared, all forms are completed correctly and submitted in due time.
When working on your application, we make sure that every required document is obtained, translated, notarised and legalised. We know all the pitfalls and potential problems we might have when preparing your case, and this helps to minimise costs and time spent.
We handle all the documents and paperwork with confidentiality and care, so our clients can rely on and trust us with their personal matters.