By using this web site you agree to the use of cookies. It is required for proper performance of the site. To find out more, please click here

Parent of a Tier 4 child visa

The Parent of a Tier 4 child visa is issued for those parents who want to accompany their child to the United Kingdom while they attend school. It is especially important if your child is still very young, or you have several children coming to study in the UK. This visa will give you the opportunity to look after you child while they are studying at a UK school.

What we do

  • Advise on the list of required documents;
  • Prepare and submit a visa application;
  • Provide immigration support till your child have finished their studies in the UK.

Eligibility for a parent

To be eligible for a Parent of a Tier 4 child visa you must:

  • have enough money to support yourself and any dependants while in the UK
  • maintain a second home outside the UK
  • plan to leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • be able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey

 Eligibility for a child

Your child must:

  • be under 12
  • be studying at or about to start studying at an independent fee-paying day school in the UK
  • have a Tier 4 (Child) visa.

How long you can stay

  • 6 or 12 months, subject to extension for 12 months at a time until your child reaches 12 years of age,
  • less than 6 months, not subject to extension, if your child is going to have their 12th birthday

or finish their final year at school in the next 12 months.

Documents you must provide

  • a current passport or other valid travel identification with 2 blank pages,
  • your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test,

You’ll also have to show documents that prove you:

  • have a permanent home outside the UK,
  • have money to support you and your children or have relatives or friends that will support you in the UK,
  • have booked (or can afford) travel to leave the UK at the end of your stay.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

What you can do

·       extend your visa for 12 months at a time, as long as you continue to meet the eligibility requirements.

What you can’t do

  • switch into a different immigration category from a ‘Parent of a Tier 4 child visa’ when it expires
  • get public funds
  • make your main home in the UK
  • take paid work
  • study
  • bring other family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application – they must apply separately.

To discuss your requirements, please contact our specialists or call us on +44 (0)203 490 41 21.

Ask a question

One of our qualified advisors will get back to you today or next business day.