Investment in an approved real estate project
The Saint Lucia’s Government offers citizenship by naturalisation to affluent foreign investors and their families in exchange for their investment in a designated, officially approved real estate project.
A binding purchase and sales agreement must be signed for a minimum purchase value of $300,000, irrespective of the number of dependants, plus the payment of government, processing and due diligence fees. The amount is deposited in an approved irrevocable escrow account managed jointly by the developer and the CBI Unit in Saint Lucia.
Currently, approved projects fall into two categories:
- High-end branded hotels and resorts
- High-end boutique properties
Applicants must keep the real estate for at least 5 years after citizenship is granted after which it can be sold or transferred, and investment recovered.
Investment and fees
|Investment||Due diligence||Processing fees||Government fees*|
|Main applicant||$300,000||$7,500 – main applicant
$5,000 – per each qualifying dependant aged 16 and over
|$2,000 – main applicant
$1,000 – each qualifying dependant
|Dependant aged 18 and over||$35,000|
|Dependant under 18||$25,000|
* Government fees are payable only after approval in principal.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Main applicant must declare availability of at least $3,000,000.
- Applicants aged 16 and over must pass Due Diligence checks.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Payment of non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees upon application.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 25 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically challenged children who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents aged 65 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Mentally or physically challenged parents of any age who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Saint Lucian passport through purchase of real estate and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- We select a property and sign a binding agreement with a developer.
- Submission of application to the CBI Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (90 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You complete the purchase of real estate within 60 days, execute all necessary documents and provide a confirmation of title, with payment of government fees.
- You are issued with a certificate of citizenship.
- We apply for passport.
- Passport is issued.
- Oath of allegiance is taken in person.