National Economic Fund
The Saint Lucia’s Government established the National Economic Fund (NEF) under the Citizenship by Investment Act with the aim of receiving foreign investment contributions and funding various government sponsored projects.
Each financial year, the Finance Minister has the duty of discussing with and gaining approval of the Parliament as to where the received funds shall be allocated.
Donation and fees
|Contribution||Due diligence fees||Processing fees|
|Main applicant||$100,000||$7,500 – main applicant
$5,000 – per each qualifying dependant aged 16 and over
|$2,000 – main applicant
$1,000 – each qualifying dependant
|Main applicant + spouse||$165,000|
|Family of up to 4 members||$190,000|
|Each additional dependant irrespective of age||$25,000|
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Main applicant must declare availability of at least $3,000,000.
- Applicants aged 16 and over must pass Due Diligence checks.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Payment of non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees upon application.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 25 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically challenged children who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents aged 65 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Mentally or physically challenged parents of any age who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Saint Lucian passport through making a donation to the NEF and we sit down with you to talk about your situation, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- Submission of application to the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (90 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You make a donation within 60 days and provide a confirmation.
- You are issued with a certificate of citizenship.
- We apply for St Lucia passport.
- Passport is issued.
- Oath of allegiance is taken in person.