Investment in Government Bonds
To be able to obtain Saint Lucia citizenship, high-net-worth foreign investors and their families have an option of acquiring non-interest-bearing government bonds for a minimum value of $500,000 plus the payment of government, processing and due diligence fees.
The qualifying bonds must be purchased, after approval in principal is granted, through the Debt and Investment Unit in the Ministry of Finance.
A qualifying investment must be registered in the applicant’s name and remain in a 5-year holding bond from the date of first issue. These bonds must not attract a rate of interest for the whole duration of the bond.
Investment and fees
|Contribution||Due diligence fees||Processing fees|
|Main applicant||$500,000||$7,500 – main applicant
$5,000 – per each qualifying dependant aged 16 and over
|$2,000 – main applicant
$1,000 – each qualifying dependant
|Main applicant + spouse||$535,000|
|Family of up to 4 members||$550,000|
|Each additional dependant irrespective of age||$25,000|
|Non-refundable administration fee payable upon approval in principle – $50,000.|
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants aged 16 and over must pass Due Diligence checks.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Payment of non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees upon application.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 25 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically challenged children who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents aged 65 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Mentally or physically challenged parents of any age who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Saint Lucian passport through purchase of government bonds and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- Submission of application to the CBI Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (90 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You purchase the bonds and submit a bond certificate.
- You are issued with a certificate of citizenship.
- We apply for passport.
- St Lucia passport is issued.
- Oath of allegiance is taken in person.