Investment in an approved enterprise project
The Saint Lucia’s Government offers citizenship by naturalisation to affluent foreign investors and their families in exchange for their investment in a designated, officially approved enterprise project.
Currently, approved projects fall into seven categories:
- Specialty Restaurants
- Cruise ports and marinas
- Agro-processing plants
- Pharmaceutical products
- Ports, bridges, roads and highways
- Research institutions and facilities
- Offshore universities
A single applicant must invest at least $3,500,000 in an approved enterprise project and create not less than 3 permanent jobs.
If it is a joint investment, then every applicant must contribute at least $1,000,000 to the whole investment of minimum $6,000,000. Besides, at least 6 permanent jobs must be created.
Investment and fees
|Investment||Due diligence||Processing fees||Government fees*|
|Main applicant||$3,500,000 (single applicant)
$6,000,000 (joint application)
|$7,500 – main applicant
$5,000 – per each qualifying dependant aged 16 and over
|$2,000 – main applicant
$1,000 – each qualifying dependant
|Dependant aged 18 and over||$35,000|
|Dependant under 18||$25,000|
* Government fees are payable only after approval in principal.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Main applicant must declare availability of at least $3,5000,000.
- Applicants aged 16 and over must pass Due Diligence checks.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Payment of non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees upon application.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 25 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically challenged children who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents aged 65 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Mentally or physically challenged parents of any age who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Saint Lucian passport through investment in an approved enterprise project and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- We select a project where the funds will be invested.
- Submission of application to the CBI Committee.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (90 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You complete the investment and pay government fees.
- You are issued with a certificate of citizenship.
- We apply for St Lucia passport.
- Passport is issued.
- Oath of allegiance is taken in person.