Many people want to move to another country with a more developed economy, high level of life, culture and education. This concerns all family members that can use all the benefits for better life and prosperous future. Spain is one of those countries that attract immigrants.
- Residence card in almost no time.
- Stable economy.
- Respectable and well-known banking system.
- Free travel within Schengen area.
- High standards of healthcare.
- Education institutions recognised globally.
- Right to live in any EU country for a year with Spanish residence card.
- Warm climate and great holiday destinations.
- Minimum investment €500,000.
- Return of investment after 5 years.
- Residency for the whole family.
- Right to settle in 5 years and become a Spanish national after 10 years of continuous residence.
- No education or language requirement. No Life in Spain test.
Imperial & Legal services
Whichever country you choose to move to you must know the laws of that country and immigration regulations for entry, settlement and residence.
We focus on helping our clients prepare all the required documents they need to go abroad. If you want to go to Spain and don’t know where to start, Imperial & Legal will offer you qualified support and take care of all challenges during preparation and application.
You can trust our knowledge and experience to help you achieve your goals in no time and hassle-free.
- Real estate (residential/ commercial) – minimum €500,000, to be held for at least 5 years. Can be rented out.
- Government bonds — minumum €2M.
- Bank deposit — minumum €1M.
- Launching and running a business approved by the state — minumum €1M.
- Main applicant aged 18 and over.
- Financially dependent children under 26 years of age.
- Investment to be held for at least 5 years.
- Funds for investment should come from abroad.
- Proof of availability of funds.
- Clean criminal record and no record with Immigration services.
- Health insurance for those who decide to settle in Spain.
- Permanently living in Spain during 5 years to get permanent residency and 10 years to get Spanish passport.
- Language requirement for naturalisation.
- Requirement to renounce existing citizenship to apply for naturalisation.
Spanish residency by investment in real estate
Spanish Government welcomes investments into manufacturing sector and real estate. Any foreign national may purchase a property in Spain. It can be either residential or commercial property, or land.
Expenses relating to the purchase of real estate in Spain are rather moderate, so it will cost you almost nothing.
By investing at least €500,000 in real estate you automatically get a resident card in Spain. It will not permit you to work in the country, but you can freely live there.
There are other options of coming to Spain and obtaining its residency if you intend to stay there more than 90 days. Residency can be limited or permanent.
Residency with limited leave to remain
Temporary residence card allows its holder to stay in the country for more than 90 days but less than 5 years. It comprises the following categories:
- Family member of a EU resident. It is granted for 5 years and can be made void if the immigrant is absent from the country for more than 6 months.
- Family reunion. The permit is granted for the same period as the resident card of the receiving family member.
- No right of work. Residency is granted for 1 year, subject to extension for another 2 years.
- Freelance work. The applicant must set up a company in Spain and confirm sources of funds.
- Contractual employment. After you get a job offer you apply for a visa for the period stated in the job offer. Residency card is not needed in this case.
- Highly qualified workforce with EU blue card. The employing organisation must arrange for your permit to stay in Spain to be issued by state authorities, after which you can apply for residency.
- Exceptional cases, e.g. victims of violence, refugees, political asylum requests, etc..
Permanent residency (settlement)
The permit is issued for 5 years and gives the right to live and work anywhere in Spain. Settlement categories:
- Immigrants that are not from the EU/EEA countries, Switzerland and their family member that have continuously lived in Spain for at least 5 years. A resident card is granted for 5 years.
- Family member of a EU resident. Subject to continuously residence in Spain for at least 5 years. A resident card is granted for 10 years.
- EU blue card holders. A resident card is granted for 5 years after 2 years of continuously residence in Spain. It gives the right to live and work in Spain or another EU country.
- Consultation with an Imperial & Legal immigration advisor.
- Initial eligibility check.
- Choosing an investment option.
- Selecting real estate for viewing (if this option is chosen).
- Visit to Spain for viewings, signing of a purchase agreement and opening a bank account.
- Transmitting funds to the bank account.
- Preparing required documents and filling in forms.
- Submitting applications and documents.
- Successful applicants are issued with a residence permit.
- Extending residence permit, applying for permanent residence card and naturalisation.
- Real estate and investment management.
- Tax support.