Portuguese citizenship can be acquired in several ways: by birth, by adoption, by descent (from Portuguese parents or grandparents), by marriage or civil union.
Benefits of a Portuguese passport
- Lifelong access to public healthcare system.
- Freedom of travel all over the EU and Schengen countries.
- Right to live, work and study in any EU country.
- Dual citizenship.
Imperial & Legal provides support to EU and third-country nationals in acquiring Portuguese citizenship by making sure you comply with all relevant requirements on your way to naturalisation. We take care of our clients from the moment they apply for a residence permit to the moment they receive their passports.
- At least 6 years of legal and continuous residence in Portugal
- Clean criminal record, including in Portugal.
- Language test to prove sufficient command of the language (for non-EU citizens).