Golden Residence Permit Programme
Fast processing time and minimum investment requirement
In 2012, the Portuguese government introduced the Golden Visa programme, also known as ARI, to grant Residence Permit for Investment to third-country nationals in exchange for their contribution to the Portuguese economy and development.
Currently, there are three qualifying investment options under this programme.
- Purchase of immovable property with a value of at least €500,000, to be held for at least 5 years.
- Purchase of real estate for refurbishing with a value of at least €350,000. This property needs to be either constructed more than 30 years ago or located in urban regeneration areas.
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €1M, including the purchase of shares in companies.
- Investment in research activities — minimum €350,000.
- Investment in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage — minimum €250,000.
- Acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalisation of small and medium companies — minimum €350,000.
- Investment in a new or existing Portuguese company with 5 permanent job positions for at least three years – minimum €350,000.
- Creation of at least 10 job positions.
The main applicant must be 18 years of age and over, all applicants must be in good health and have a clean criminal and immigration history. Health insurance must be provided for all applicants.
The main applicant must provide proof of availability of funds for investment and those funds should come from abroad. Please note that investment must be held for at least 5 years.
The main applicant and all dependants will need to be personally present in Portugal for biometric enrolment, as well as property viewings and investment.
All applicants are required to stay in Portugal for a minimum period of 7 days during the first year.
All you need to do is to choose an investment option that suits your needs. If it is real estate, we will help you find suitable properties, shortlist them for viewing and accompany you during those viewings. If you decide to go for another investment option, we will support you on the ground until it is finalised.
You can entrust us with everything else, from pre-registering you online and booking an appointment with the Immigration Service, preparing all the required documents and forms to translation, certification and apostil when required.
The Immigration Service (SEF) tends to process the applications and conduct due diligence checks within 2-3 months. Once they are satisfied that all the requirements are fulfilled they issue approval in principal and shortly after that grant you a residence permit.
- Extending residence permit, applying for permanent residence card and naturalisation.
- Real estate and investment management.
- Tax support.