Freedom of travel for you and your family.
Persons aged 16 years and older are issued a 10-year passport, those aged 10–15 years a five-year passport, and those younger than 10 years a two-year passport.
- Passport after 14 months for you and your family.
- Benefits of EU citizenship – unlimited right to live, study and work in any of the EU member states and Switzerland.
- Visa-free travel to over 168 countries within the EU, UK, Japan, Canada and the US.
- Minimum investment €1.15M
- Investment recoverable partly after 5 years.
- Maltese citizenship for a spouse and dependants between 18 and 26 years of age, and over the age of 55 years, who are wholly supported by the main applicant.
- No residency requirement.
- Malta recognises dual citizenship.
- Health and personal security — favourable climate and safe English-speaking environment.
- Minimum taxes (no double taxation, opportunity to change tax residency, zero tax on foreign income and no inheritance tax).
- No language or country test requirement.
- Stable economy and low crime rate.
All three of the below investments must be made to be able to apply for Maltese citizenship.
- A non-refundable contribution to the National Development and Social Fund.
€650,000 — main applicant
€675,000 — main applicant and spouse
€725,000 — family (2 adults, 2 children 0-17 years)
€50,000 — each dependant aged 18 to 26, and 55 and over
- Buy or lease residential property in Malta for a holding period of at least 5 years.
€350,000 — purchase (cannot be let or sublet)
€16,000/ year — rent (cannot be sublet)
- Investment in government securities for a holding period of at least 5 years.
€150,000 — for a family of any size.
- Due Diligence fees
€7,500 — main applicant
€12,500 — main applicant and spouse
€18,500 — family (2 adults, 2 children 13-17 years)
€5,000 — each dependant aged 18 to 26, and 55 and over
- Passport fees (biometric) — €500 per person
- Bank charges — €200 per application
- Minimum investment of €1.15M.
- Purchased or rented real estate to be held for at least 5 years without the right to let or sublet.
- Proof of available funds for investment.
- Clean criminal record and no immigration law offence.
- Proof of good health.
- Global health insurance for at least €50,000. Proof that they can maintain the same for the indefinite period.
- 1-year residency in order to apply for Maltese citizenship. (Residency card in 1-2 weeks. Personal visit for biometrics and collection of passports).
- Regular visits to Malta to get acquainted with its culture and lifestyle.
- Consultation with an Imperial & Legal immigration advisor.
- Initial eligibility check.
- Choosing real estate and signing a purchase or rent agreement.
- Preparing required documents and filling in forms. Translation, certification and apostil if required.
- Payment of due diligence and passport fees, bank charges and contribution deposit to the Maltese state.
- Submitting applications for residency and citizenship.
- Due diligence checks by Identity Malta.
- Biometric measurements taken.
- Successful applicants are issued with a certificate of naturalization.
- Remitting the required payments within 8 months (balance of the contribution, purchase or rent or a property, investing in government securities).
- Confirmation of investments made.
- Undertaking the Oath of Allegiance and collection of passports.
To discuss your requirements, please contact our specialists or call us on +44 (0)203 490 41 21.