Investment in Real Estate
The Grenada’s Government offers citizenship by naturalisation to high-net-worth foreign investors and their families in exchange for their investment in designated, officially approved real estate with a minimum value of $350,000, irrespective of the number of dependants, plus the payment of government, processing and due diligence fees.
Currently, approved projects include real estate developments such as hotels, villas, and resorts. Due to the fast-growing tourism sector real estate developments offer fantastic opportunities for investors looking for high returns.
Applicants must keep the real estate for at least 3 years after citizenship is granted after which it can be resold, and investment recovered.
|Investment||Due diligence||Government fees|
|Main applicant||$350,000||$5,000 – main applicant
$5,000 – spouse
$5,000 – per each dependant aged 17 and over
$0 – per dependent child aged 0 to 16
|Main applicant + spouse|
|Family up to 4 members|
|Family of over 4 members||$50,000 + $25,000 per each additional dependant after 3rd|
$1,500 per person aged 18 and over;
$500 – per person under 18.
Application Fee – $1,500 per person.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Main applicant must show availability of funds for investment.
- Applicants over 11 must pass Due Diligence checks.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- Applicants must not pose national security risk.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 25 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically challenged children who are living and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents and grandparents aged 65 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Grenadian passport through purchase of real estate and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- We select a property and sign a binding agreement with a developer.
- Submission of application to the CBI Committee.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (60 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You complete the purchase of real estate within 30 days, execute all necessary documents and provide a confirmation of title.
- You are issued with a certificate of registration.
- We apply for passport.
- Passport is issued.