Investment in Real Estate
The Dominica Government offers citizenship by naturalisation to high-net-worth foreign investors and their families in exchange for their investment in designated, officially approved real estate with a minimum value of $200,000, irrespective of the number of dependants, plus the payment of government, processing and due diligence fees.
Two or more applicants may apply for Citizenship by Investment together by investing in an approved project, provided that each main applicant contributes at least $200,000.
The main requirement is to maintain the qualifying property for at least 3 years after obtaining citizenship. If real estate has been previously used for a CBI application, that real estate shall not be eligible for use in a subsequent CBI application for a period of at least 5 years after the granting of citizenship.
Investment and fees
|Investment||Due diligence||Government fees|
|Main applicant||$200,000||$7,500 – main applicant
+ $4,000 per any dependant ≥16
($500 processing fee for a child under 5 who was born to a naturalised applicant)
|Main applicant + spouse||$35,000|
|Family up to 4 people||$35,000|
|Family up to 6 people||$50,000|
|Family of 7 and more||$70,000|
Processing Fees – $1,000 per application.
Certificate of Naturalisation Fee – $250 per person.
Expedited Passport Issuance Fee – $1,200 per person.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants over 16 must pass Due Diligence process.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 30 years of age who are full-time students
- Financially dependent unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under 30 years of age
- Mentally or physically challenged children fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents and grandparents aged 55 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Dominica passport through purchase of real estate and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- We select a property and sign a binding agreement with a developer.
- Submission of application to the CBI Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (60 to 90 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You buy the property and provide a confirmation of title.
- You are issued with a certificate of naturalisation.
- We apply for passport.
- Passport is issued.