Economic Diversification Fund
The Dominica Government offers citizenship by naturalisation to affluent foreign investors and their families in exchange for their one-off non-refundable donation to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF).
The EDF was set up through the Citizenship by Investment Programme for the purpose of financing public and private sector projects, including construction of schools and sports stadiums, hospital refurbishments, promotion of the offshore sector as well as tourism, information technology, and agriculture projects.
Contribution and fees
|Contribution||Due diligence fees||Processing fees|
|Main applicant||$100,000||$7,500 – main applicant
+ $4,000 per any dependant ≥16
($500 processing fee for a child under 5 who was born to a naturalised applicant)
|$1,000 per application|
|Main applicant + spouse||$175,000|
|Main applicant + up to 2 minor children||$175,000|
|Main applicant + spouse + up to 2 minor children||$200,000|
|Additional dependant other than a spouse||$25,000|
Certificate of Naturalisation Fee – $250 per person.
Expedited Passport Issuance Fee – $1,200 per person.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants over 16 must pass Due Diligence.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 30 years of age who are full-time students
- Financially dependent unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under 30 years of age
- Mentally or physically challenged children fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents and grandparents aged 55 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for a Dominica passport through making a contribution in the EDF and we sit down with you to talk about your situation, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- Submission of application to the CBI Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government (60 to 90 days).
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You make a contribution and provide a confirmation of the transfer of funds.
- You are issued with a certificate of naturalisation.
- We apply for passport.
- Passport is issued.