Dominica citizenship and passport by investment
The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme was established to attract foreign investments in order to generate sustained economic growth, prosperity and create jobs and business opportunities for the people of Dominica.
In exchange for economic contribution into a national fund or investment in real estate, high-net-worth foreign investors are offered full Dominica citizenship without the requirement of previous residence.
The regulations for this programme stating all the criteria and requirements were drafted pursuant to the Constitution and the Citizenship Act. The Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment Regulations were last updated in 2016.
Benefits of Dominica citizenship by investment programme
- Dominica passport in 4 months.
- Visa-free travel to over 120 countries including Schengen region, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Dominica citizenship for the whole family including dependent children under 26 and parents/ grandparents over 65.
- Citizenship can be passed on to future generations by descent.
- Dual citizenship is recognised.
- Minimum investment $100,000.
- Investment recoverable after 3 years.
- No residency or visitation requirements.
- Minimal taxation: no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax.
- There is no restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital.
- Generous incentive packages include corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits and export allowance are available.
- No language requirements.
- No interview requirements.
- Full confidentiality.
An applicant must invest in one of the two options below in order to apply for Dominica citizenship:
Investment in real estate
To qualify for Dominica citizenship under the real estate option, a main applicant is required to invest at least $200,000 in designated real estate plus payment of applicable taxes, registration and other fees. The real estate must be owned for at least 3 years after citizenship is granted and can only be sold, and investment recovered, after 3 years of obtaining citizenship, or 5 years if that real estate has been previously used in another Citizenship by Investment application.
Contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
Applicants may qualify for Dominica citizenship through a one-off non-refundable contribution of minimum $100,000 to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) plus payment of applicable fees for a single applicant. The amount is different for a different number of dependants included in the application.
All applications and documents must be submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit through licensed agents registered with the Citizenship by Investment Unit. And it is at the discretion of the Government to grant, delay or deny citizenship.
We have a team working in London and on the island, we can guarantee that all your documents are duly prepared, all forms are filled in correctly and submitted in due time. Besides, we ensure constant communication with the Citizenship by Investment Unit which guarantees that the whole process of application and granting of Dominica citizenship runs without delays and unnecessary hassle.
When preparing your application, we make sure that every required document is obtained, translated, notarised and legalised. We know all the pitfalls and potential problems we might have when working on your case, and this helps to minimise costs and time spent.
We handle all the documents and paperwork with confidentiality and care, so our clients can rely on and trust us with their personal matters.