Eligibility criteria and procedure for investors
Whichever investment option you choose to qualify for a Cypriot passport under the Cyprus Investment Programme you and your family members must meet the following criteria and requirements.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years of age
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Clean criminal and immigration record.
- Possession or purchase of a permanent residence in Cyprus for at least €500,000 (per each applicant). This home must be retained for life. This purchase can be included in the €2,000,000 required investment under any option.
- Residence or immigration permit in Cyprus.
- 6-month residency requirement.
- Minor children under the age of 18.
- Full-time students 18 to 28 years of age who are financially dependent on the main applicant.
- Physically or mentally disable children who are fully dependent on the main applicant.
- Parents of the main applicant that own a private home in Cyprus with a purchase price of at least €500,000.
A spouse can apply for the Cypriot citizenship together with the main applicant, while children and parents must submit their applications after the investor has acquired their Cypriot citizenship.
At the same time, when applying for an immigration permit, spouses and minor children can be included in the main applicant’s application, while adult children and parent must apply for the permit separately.
After you decide to obtain a Cypriot citizenship, we will sit down with you to talk what investment option best suits your needs.
Once we are clear about your preferences and requirements, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign a power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in all the necessary forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- We submit the application to the Ministry of Interior with payment of the application fee.
- If you don’t already hold a residence permit, we apply for an immigration permit at the same time we submit a naturalisation application.
- You travel to Cyprus to have your biometric data collected.
- The immigration permit is issued within 5 working days.
- Due diligence checks and processing of the application by the Ministry of Interior (can take up to 6 months).
- Approval of the application by the Council of Ministers.
- You make an investment and provide a confirmation and all the paperwork.
- You are issued with a certificate of naturalisation after 6-month residence requirement is met.
- Oath of Faith must be taken.
- Cypriot passport and ID card are issued.