Quick and straightforward way to an EU passport.
- An EU passport in 6 months only.
- Visa-free travel to over 159 countries, including Schengen states, Norway, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Investment recoverable in 3 years.
- Citizenship for the family (spouse, parents and dependent children till 28 years old) once the main applicant is issued a passport.
- Freedom to reside, work, study and open business in any EU member state, as well as Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland.
- No residency requirement.
- No requirement for health checks.
- No Greek language requirement.
- No exam in history or culture of Cyprus.
- Dual citizenship is allowed.
- A wide choice of risk-free investments.
- Flexible taxation. You can choose the country where you will be paying taxes.
- Tax benefits for individuals and companies: zero inheritance tax, corporate tax is only 10%, double taxation treaties.
- Wonderful climate and safe English-speaking environment.
- Residential property – direct investment of at least €2M. You can buy a house, apartment or land, or a combination of the above (including under construction). You must retain it in your possession for at least 3 years after which it can be sold. However, a Cyprus property with a minimum value of €500,000 must be held by the applicant indefinitely. This property can be rented out to generate income. Thanks to a big number of tourists, investment in real estate is the most profitable one.
- Commercial property (including under construction) – investment of at least €2M. There is an additional requirement to own a permanent residence in Cyprus of a market value of at least €500,000. So in total you must invest €2.5M.
- Development projects.
- Purchase or participation in Cypriot businesses or companies — minimum investment of €2M. There is an additional requirement to own a permanent residence in Cyprus of a market value of at least €500,000. So in total you must invest €2.5M.
The company must employ at least 5 Cypriot or EU citizens.
- Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot businesses or organisations
Minimum investment of €2M in financial assets, registered and issued in the Republic of Cyprus, in companies or organisations which are regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission. There is an additional requirement to own a permanent residence in Cyprus of a market value of at least €500,000.
- Government bonds — maximum investment of €500,000, the balance of €1.5M must be invested otherwise, e.g. in real estate.
- Combination of investments. Total investment amount must be at least €2M and include a permanent privately-owned residence in Cyprus of a purchase value of at least €500,000.
- €2M minimum investment.
- Availability and source of funds.
- Investment must be retained for 3 years.
- The applicant must possess a permanent privately-owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500,000 at the day of application — for the main applicant and his family members separately (this applies to all investment options except investment in residential property).
- Clean criminal record for all applicants.
- Residence permit in Cyprus. If the applicant does not already hold a residence permit, he/she may apply for an immigration permit simultaneously with the application for naturalization.
- Consultation with an Imperial & Legal immigration advisor.
- Initial eligibility check.
- Choosing an investment option.
- Selecting real estate for viewing.
- Visit to Cyprus for viewings and biometrics. Signing of a purchase agreement.
- Preparing required documents and filling in forms. Translation, certification and apostil if required.
- Submitting applications and documents to the Ministry of Interior.
- Due diligence checks by the Ministry of Interior.
- Checking if initial decision has been taken by the Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Finance in granting citizenship.
- Receiving a citizenship certificate.
- Successful applicants are issued with a certificate of naturalization.
- Undertaking the Oath of Allegiance and collection of passports.
To discuss your requirements, please contact our specialists or call us on +44 (0)203 490 41 21.