Antigua and Barbuda National Development Fund
The Antigua and Barbuda Government offers citizenship by investment to affluent foreign investors and their families in exchange for their one-off non-refundable donation to the National Development Fund (NDF).
The NDF is a non-profit fund that was set up under the Finance Administration Act 2006 for the purpose of funding government sponsored projects, including public-private partnerships and approved charitable investments.
Contribution and fees
|Contribution||Due diligence||Processing fees|
|Single applicant or a family up to four people||$100,000||$7,500 – single applicant
+ $7,500 – spouse
+ $2,000 per dependant 12-17
+ $4,000 per dependant ≥18
|Family of five and more||$125,000||$25,000 for 4 people + $15,000 for each extra dependant|
Passport fee – $300 per applicant.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants over 12 must pass Due Diligence process.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Main applicant must provide references from the bank.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 26 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically handicapped children fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents and grandparents aged 58 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for an Antigua and Barbuda passport through making a contribution in the NDF and we sit down with you to talk about your situation, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- Submission of application to the Citizenship by investment Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government.
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You make a contribution and provide a confirmation of the transfer of funds.
- You are issued with a certificate of registration.
- We apply for Antigua and Barbuda passport.
- Passport is issued.
- You must take the Oath of Allegiance either on the islands or in an embassy/consulate.