Investment in Real Estate
The Antigua and Barbuda Government offers citizenship by investment to affluent foreign investors and their families in exchange for their investment in designated, officially approved real estate with a minimum value of $400,000, irrespective of the number of applicants, plus the payment of government processing fees and due diligence fees.
The Programme allows two or more applicants to purchase real estate and apply for citizenship by investment jointly provided that each applicant contributes the minimum investment of $400,000.
The applicant(s) may beneficially own real estate through a non-profit company provided that the company has issued all of its authorized shares to the applicant(s), is established and is in good standing under the laws of Antigua and Barbuda, is not an exempt or offshore entity and submits irrefutable evidence as to its beneficial ownership, which evidence shall be certified by the Registrar of Companies.
The main requirement is to maintain the purchased property for 5 years meaning that you can recover your investment only in 5 years.
Investment and fees
|Investment||Due diligence||Processing fees|
|Single applicant or a family up to four people||$400,000||$7,500 – single applicant
+ $7,500 – spouse
+ $2,000 per dependant 12-17
+ $4,000 per dependant ≥18
|Family of five and more||$400,000||$50,000 for 4 people + $15,000 for each extra dependant|
Passport fee – $300 per applicant.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants over 12 must pass Due Diligence process.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Main applicant must provide references from the bank.
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 26 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically handicapped children fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents and grandparents aged 58 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for an Antigua and Barbuda passport through purchase of real estate and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- We select a property and sign a binding agreement with a developer.
- Submission of application to the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government.
- Approval of the application in principle.
- You buy the property and provide a confirmation of title.
- You are issued with a certificate of registration.
- We apply for Antigua and Barbuda passport.
- Passport is issued.
- You must take the Oath of Allegiance either on the islands or in an embassy/consulate.