Investment in business
The Antigua and Barbuda Government offers citizenship by naturalisation to wealthy foreign investors and their families in exchange for their investment in an officially approved business, whether existing or new.
If it is a single main applicant, they must invest at least $1,500,000 in an approved business.
The Programme also allows two or more applicants to invest into a business and apply for citizenship by investment jointly. In this case each applicant must invest at least $400,000 with the total amount adding up to at least $5,000,000.
You can only resell your business and recover the investment in 5 years after obtaining citizenship.
Investment and fees
|Investment||Due diligence||Processing fees|
|Single applicant||$1,500,000||$7,500 – single applicant
+ $7,500 – spouse
+ $2,000 per dependant 12-17
+ $4,000 per dependant ≥18
|$50,000 for a family of 4 (main applicant and 3 dependants) + $15,000 for each extra dependant|
Passport fee – $300 per applicant.
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants over 12 must pass Due Diligence process.
- Applicants should have no previous criminal record and be of good character.
- All applicants must be in good health.
- Main applicant must provide references from the bank.
- The business must be approved by the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA).
- Minor children under 18
- Financially dependent children from 18 to 26 years of age who are full-time students
- Mentally or physically handicapped children fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents and grandparents aged 58 and above living with and fully supported by the main applicant
What you need to do
Once you decide to apply for an Antigua and Barbuda passport through purchase of real estate and we sit down with you to talk about your case, we shall proceed as follows:
- You sign an agreement and power of attorney for representation of your interests under the programme.
- We fill in the forms, gather and prepare paperwork and documents.
- Submission of application to the CBI Unit.
- We discuss a business to be bought with the ABIA for their approval.
- Due diligence checks and processing of application by the government.
- Approval of the application in principle.
- An escrow agreement is negotiated and a transfer of the investment is made.
- You are issued with a certificate of registration.
- We apply for passport.
- Passport is issued.
- You must take the Oath of Allegiance either on the islands or in an embassy/consulate.